The Sir William Tyree Postgraduate Award in Nuclear Engineering was established to encourage students of exceptional academic quality to undertake the Master of Engineering Science specialising in Nuclear Engineering.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an Australian Citizen or an Australian permanent resident; and
- Have completed an Honours degree in an engineering discipline in the last 5 years. The grade of Honours must be equivalent to a UNSW High Distinction or Distinction, i.e Honours First Class or Upper Second (2A or 1:1); and
- Be intending to enrol in the Master of Engineering Science - Nuclear Engineering specialization.
Students who are enrolled on a part-time basis are also eligible to apply, but if successful the award payments will be made on a pro-rata basis.
Applicants will be assessed on the basis of:
- Academic merit
- Aptitude and commitment to postgraduate study in Nuclear Engineering
- Personal qualities, for example involvement in extra-curricular activities, evidence of leadership skills, and potential to contribute to the wider life of UNSW.
Interviews are not required for this Scholarship