The Freedman Curatorial Scholarship was established to encourage and support students who have enrolled in a Masters of Curating and Cultural Leadership at UNSW Art & Design.
Every year, a scholarship of $5,000 will be awarded and payable for one year.
- A current student in their final year of the Master of Curator and Cultural Leadership degree that has undertaken Internship (MCCL/SAHT9115) as a subject.
- The applicant must demonstrate high academic standing throughout the MCCL degree (minimum WAM 70%).
- Academic merit and/or professional experience and achievements
- Interest in taking part in a hands-on curator project at UNSW Galleries
- An indication that a candidate has not had the opportunity to work on a live curatorial project before
- Aptitude and commitment to extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian contemporary art
- Preference will be given to applicants who would strongly benefit from the experience of an invitation to take part in a curatorial project (or who has not undertaken a similar placement)
Shortlisted applicants are not required to attend an interview