Applicants for The Lord's Taverners (Northern NSW) University Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents commencing study in any undergraduate program in the School of Education or Health and Human Sciences at Lismore campus and selection based on:
- Academic achievement: an expected ATAR of 70-75+ plus any other evidence of outstanding academic performance or offer of admission as a mature aged student.
- Applicants must reside within the Northern Rivers.
- Applicants must be enrolling to study any Bachelor degree in the School of Education or School of Health and Human Sciences at the Southern Cross University Lismore campus.
- Applicants must either personally fall into the Lord's Taverners Northern NSW Inc's definition of "disadvantaged" or demonstrate a commitment to work with young people who fall in this category.
- In keeping with the Lord's Taverners' objective of "giving the young and disadvantaged a sporting chance", the applicant must be able to demonstrate personal disadvantage, or the expressed desire to work with people who are disadvantaged in one or more categories including geographical isolation, financial disadvantage, marginalised and/or minority groups, and/or physical/intellectual disability.
- Applicants will be required to provide a 100-word introductory statement including reasons as to why they need the scholarship.
- The selection committee will also consider the applicants personal maturity and social responsibility as evidenced by contributions to the community and by the comments of the school/college Principal or nominee.