Submission of expression of interest for 2020 is now closed. You can submit your expression of interest for 2021.
See below for more details about the study dates.
After the expression of interest deadline, RMIT will contact prospective applicants with further application details, including how to provide their evidence of English proficiency below.
To be eligible for this program you must have:
Successfully completed an approved English proficiency test undertaken no more than two years prior to the commencement date of the program, achieving:
- Versant English Placement Test: minimum score of 51 in speaking and listening. If you do not have any of the test results below, RMIT can arrange for you to complete the Versant English Placement Test at no cost (maximum one test sitting per applicant per intake). To access this online test, please submit your application and RMIT will contact you to arrange the test.
- IELTS (General or Academic): minimum score of 6.0 in speaking and listening
- TOEFL (Internet Based Test - IBT): minimum score of 18 in speaking and listening
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) (PTE (A)): minimum of 50 in speaking and listening
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): minimum of 169 in speaking and listening
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): minimum of 169 in speaking and listening
- Or results in another English proficiency test deemed to be equivalent
Successfully completed a tertiary qualification (degree level or higher) where the language of instruction was English
If you are a native English-speaker, you will need to provide evidence of either:
- Completing your primary and secondary education (equivalent to Australian secondary education year 12) at an institution/s where English was the primary language of instruction; or
- Completing your secondary (equivalent to Australian secondary education year 12) and tertiary education at an institution/s where English was the primary language of instruction.
You must indicate your choice of language in a word document and upload it within your RMIT application. The document should be in the format: Your Name_Language Selection (e.g John Smith_Language selection.docx).