The Elite Editing Thesis Write-up Scholarship provides financial assistance for one postgraduate student per year for a period of 12 weeks to free them from other forms of employment and allow them to concentrate solely on the task of writing their thesis.
For students who do not hold another scholarship, it pays a stipend of $1,000 per fortnight for six fortnights ($6,000 in total), tax free. For students who do hold another scholarship, it pays a stipend of $600 per fortnight for six fortnights ($3,600 in total), tax free.
- Students must be enrolled full time in a research degree (Masters or PhD) at an Australian university.
- Part-time students are eligible to apply for the scholarship only in circumstances where the applicant is able to demonstrate heavy carer commitments or a medical condition that precludes them from studying full time.
- Students may be either internal or external students. Both international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- The student must not engage in any forms of paid employment for the duration of the scholarship (unless Elite Editing is notified of any special circumstances that would prohibit this at the time of application).
- The student must work on writing their thesis full time (a minimum of 35 hours per week) for the duration of the scholarship (i.e. they must have completed the research stage).
- Employees of Elite Editing and their family members are not eligible for the scholarship