Deakin University offers admission to undergraduate courses through a number of Admission categories.
All applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements
Please note that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee selection, which is based on merit, likelihood of success and availability of places in the course.
For more information on the Admission Criteria and Selection (Higher Education Courses) Policy visit the Deakin Policy Library
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on:
- Minimum ATAR of 70
- VCE Units 1 and 2 of General Mathematics or Maths: Mathematical Methods or Maths: Specialist Mathematic, or Units 3 and 4 of Mathematics (any)
- a study score of at least 35 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 25 in English other than EAL
Refer to the VTAC Guide for the latest pre-requisite information www.vtac.edu.au
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life or work experience will be based on:
- evidence of academic capability equivalent to an ATAR of 70 OR
- successful completion of STAT OR
- Successful completion of Associate Degree of Education (E200)
All Applicants must complete an additional selection tool for non-academic attributes. Deakin University is using the CASPer test. CASPer is an online, video-scenario based situational judgement test, designed to measure non-academic suitability for teaching.