About this scholarship
The Indigenous Commonwealth Accommodation Scholarships (Indigenous-CAS) are intended to assist with accommodation costs.
- Open: Closed
- Close: Closed
The Indigenous-CAS is valued at $5,355 per year, paid as one instalment each semester for up to 8 semesters.
Commencing and current
This scholarship is open to applicants who meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Domestic students
- Target group: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Faculty: Any
- Course: Enrolled, or about to commence study, in course as a Commonwealth supported student
- Campus: Any
- Year level: Must not have completed the requirements of a course of study equivalent to, or higher than, an Australian bachelors award unless that award is a prerequisite to your current course of study.
- Study load: Full-time (exceptional circumstances maybe considered for part-time study)
- Moved from a rural or regional area to undertake their chosen course of study
- Rural or regional background
- Demonstrate financial hardship
- The incurring of additional accommodation costs as a result of the necessity to move
- ACU ‘internal’ student status.
- To apply, visit UAC Equity Scholarships.
- UAC processes all applications for this scholarship. Students located in any Australian state should follow the UAC application process. There is no fee for submitting a scholarship application through UAC.
For further details on the selection criteria visit UAC Equity Scholarships.
See also Selection and Conditions Policies for ACU Scholarships and Bursaries and Commonwealth Scholarships.
The recipients will be selected by the ACU Scholarships Office.
Recipients must continue to meet the following requirements each semester:
- Satisfactory academic progress
- A full-time study load
- Financial hardship.
To apply, visit UAC Equity Scholarships.