1. What is your background and what did you study?
I studied Commerce at UNSW, and worked as a duty manager at a cinema throughout this time.
2. What does a typical day as a grad look like?
The great thing about the graduate program is there isn’t really a ‘typical’ day at all. I’ve worked in stores, in the warehouse, in the office, and travelled across the state doing project work.
3. Could someone with a different background do your job?
Absolutely. I have colleagues with backgrounds in law, science, engineering, education, and even military.
4. What’s the coolest thing about your job?
The autonomy, the responsibility, and above all: the people.
5. What are the limitations of your job?
There are some long and challenging days, but I honestly don’t view that as a limitation. It’s a far cry from a ‘9-5’ desk job, which is my idea of limiting.
6. What 3 pieces of advice would you give your student self?
7. What is your favourite ALDI product?
Our entire meat range is great, but the rump steaks are truly phenomenal.